We believe in transparency and are committed to respecting your privacy.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation May 2018 and Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Freedom4Girls UK registered charity number 1177566.
Information collected and used by us
We acknowledge your ownership rights and will never sell or rent your personal information or use your details for any purpose other than as described below:
Information you give us. You may give us information by:
· Signing up to the Freedom4Girls UK e-newsletter.
· Filling in a contact form via our website (www.freedom4girls.co.uk).
· Registering for a Freedom4Girls UK event.
· When enquiring about our products or services or during our correspondence with you by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
· Registering as a Freedom4Girls UK Partner.
· Accessing the Freedom4Girls UK members area of the website.
· If you report a problem with our website, the information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits our website (www.freedom4girls.co.uk), Google Analytics collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What do we do with the information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To provide you with information on our products and services that you request from us.
· To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used, purchased or enquired about.
· To notify you about updates to our services, events and share relevant information.
· To ask you to participate in testing new services or giving your views via a survey.
· To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Website Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes.
· To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
What the law says about collecting your data
The law says that we can process your personal data, but only if we have a good reason for it. We collect your information because we need it to reply to your queries (we call this a ‘contractual legal basis’), or because you’ve told us that it’s OK (we call this ‘consent’).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· If Freedom4Girls UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Freedom4Girls UK, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you can access it and make corrections to it.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Please get in touch to ask for a copy of your information and have any mistakes corrected. It’s your right under the UK Data Protection Act. Its costs £10 and you’ll need to provide two copies of your ID. For more details, please contact insert email address or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may sometimes contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.